Thursday, February 7, 2008

Where did Cookie Monster go?



This morning, when Ezra woke up in his bed, I heard him calling "I need mom." Since mom didn't hear the call of duty, I came into the room. Ezra was worried about his lost toy. He repeated "Where did Cookie Monster go?" until, after six or seven iterations, he thought for a second and said, "He's probably on the couch. Daddy go get him." It turns out Cookie Monster was hiding under the blankets the entire time. 

Tonight at storytime we read Green Eggs and Ham, Horton, Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, and two Clifford books. Throughout all of this (probably about 30 minutes in all), Anika stared at Ezra and laughed at everything he did. Every time he said anything about the stories, she would erupt in laughter. This was especially noteworthy given how much time we spend in a given day trying to make Anika laugh, to no avail. 

2 comments:

Casey Childs said...

Happy to see guys have finally started a blog, which is surprising because I didn't know they had the inter-net in Indiana. Wow, I guess that's why they call it the "World Wide Web".

Amanda said...

Isn't he terrible? He can't even construct a sentence (see 1st line) and yet he makes fun of you guys! Evan recognized Ezra (and Anika) right away and was very excited to see him! This will be fun to keep tabs on you guys.