Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I was a weird kid.

So the other day Jonathan and I were cleaning some things out of our bedroom when I had the good fortune to run across this: 
What is it? Only the MONSTER SQUAD secret notebook of spooky spells!! Made up by yours truly and the other members of the monster squad. We were an elite team of 5th graders determined to rid the world of terrible monsters. Or at least procure for ourselves grade books, frogs, unsolved mysteries (to solve, I'm guessing??), Milli Vanilli backup singing gigs, and the like. It was a great time. We even had a secret hangout, the upstairs closet at my parents house. We were totally fierce- and studly.


Here's a sampling of spells but remember-- use with caution! (There were an alarming number of spells that required some sort of "turd" involved. Spell making is a dirty business!)

This one will definitely come in handy one day... 
Ha ha! Those were the good old days!

8 comments:

Jonathan said...

Tina,

I can't believe you've released the spells...I wonder if they'll stop working now!

I too was alarmed at the mystical importance of feces. Who knew human waste was such a cash crop for the magically-inclined!

The Monster Squad manual never gets old. We should put that in a waterproof safe to make sure nothing ever happens to it!

Casey Childs said...

Oh, yes, the Monster Squad....I remember that. But I never knew the "secret" girl meetings (which included Alan, I believe) in the upstairs closet involved spells of poop!

Boy, this was a talented group when not only could they make and cast spells, but then sing back up for one of the greatest musical duos of all time!

Anonymous said...

Jon, who was in the monster squad? and what upstairs closet did you use? I don't think there was a closet big enough to fit you guys.


Mom

Amanda said...

Awesome! That is so great!

Tracy said...

oh, that is too funny! Those are fun things to run across... I hope you're not getting rid of it.

Teresa said...

Oh.... I'd love to see that notebook. The Monster Squad ROCKED! I remember cleaning out that closet and hanging out up there. Boy those were some great times! We should arrange a Monster Squad reunion in that closet sometime!

Teresa said...

I like how my name is spelled on that one page... wardale! oh and I guess I was a weird kid too!

Christina said...

Great idea Teresa! That would be awesome to have a Monster Squad reunion! I think I'm probably the one who spelled your name wrong, I noticed a lot of pretty bad spelling in there!