Friday, March 27, 2009

Art class

I love how creative kids are. I am amazed everyday by the things they come up with. I also love how they are not afraid of a blank canvas at all. Most adults I know are wildly intimidated by the whiteness starring at them. One of my art teachers taught us a trick to overcome this fear, she used to tint her gesso just so that she wasn't starting a white canvas. Kids do not have this fear. They go at a white page with gusto, joy, triumph even. I wonder why we forget how to do that as we get older? 

Anyway, here are some of the masterpieces created today:


by Ezra. "kitty." 9 x 12 in. watercolor on paper.
by Ezra. "a lot of clouds." 9 x 12 in. watercolor on paper.
Here is some mixed media by Annika
by Annika. untitled. 9 X 12 in. crayon, graphite, and watercolor on paper.

P. S. We are going to have a Preschool Art Show in May to showcase the amazing things the kids have created this year. If you would like your kiddo to be part of it let me know! We'll have an opening reception with yummy treats and everything.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

beautiful artwork! You make everything sound as if it is done by professionals. When in May will you do the art show? We are leaving the 9th, so if you do it before then we would love to be a part of it!

Lisa Webb said...

SO inspiring! An art show! I love that idea! you kids are adorable by the way, annika and those cheeks! So cute!

Christina said...

Tracy--The art show is tentatively scheduled for May 5th (it's a Tuesday)!

Casey Childs said...

I've done a lot of toning canvases after gesso, but never heard of tinting the gesso. Interesting...