9. Stories about the kids. I miss getting to tell him what new things the kids do every hour of the day. Jonathan doesn't have a phone where he is so I have to wait until he can get a chance to call me. So all of the little things that the kids do build up and pretty soon I forget to tell him about them. It's sad.
8. Glass of water. At home Jonathan always gets me a glass of water before bed. Now I have to get my own and sometimes I forget. It's terrible!
7. Advice. I ask Jonathan's advice on everything from "should we give Annika some Tylenol?" to "should I wear these shoes?" and everything in between. Since he's been gone I have to decide all of these things myself!
6. Stories. I love to listen to stories about his day. I can't wait for him to come home and tell me all about what he did, what everyone said, etc... He is very good at story telling and he always makes me laugh.
5. Humor. Everyone probably already knows this but Jonathan is hilarious. The first thing I ever noticed about him was his unique sense of humor. It is really strange going through so many days without it.
4. Talking. I miss being able to talk to him whenever I want. It's frustrating not being able to call him at any time I feel like it.
3. 4 a.m. crying. I really, really miss him when Annika starts crying at 4 o'clock in the morning!
2. Playing with the kids. I miss seeing him playing with the kids. They love him so much and its hard to see them miss him so much. They have a great relationship.
And the number one reason I miss Jonathan so badly....
1. Diaper changes! I really really miss help with changing diapers! With two kids in diapers you have to change about 150 diapers per day. When Jonathan is around then I only have to change about 75 per day.
3 comments:
Wow! Your 2 kids go through a LOT more diapers than our 2 kids! :)
yeah, that is a lot of diapers, but i don't believe that that is the number one reason you miss Jonathan. Well, maybe if you really were changing that many a day. ;-) I miss my friend and neighbor, and the kids are starting to wonder what has happened to Annika and Ezra. come home soon!
Hey Tina,
I miss you too! I miss our walks, talks, I miss getting you water, giving you bad advice (like, for instance, "Taco Johns is good for you, you can eat as much as you want")and sharing our day together. I have nobody to tell stories to and my humor is lost on these kids. Thanks for posting these, it really made my day!
Love, Jonathan
Post a Comment