Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Reading List

In the spirit of summer, we thought we would take part of our post to give you our summer reading list. These are all the books we want to read this summer and, although we may not get to all of them, we hope to have the free time to get most (or at least some!) of them read. If you want, you can comment to our post and tell us what's on your list (or what should be on ours)!

Jonathan: 

Fiction: The Stand; Short stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne. 
Non-Fiction: Bound by Recognition: the Politics of Identity after Hegel; Crises of the Republic; Case Studies on Narcissism; Psychopathology and Politics; Public Opinion; The Days of Henry Thoreau.

Christina: The Pillars of the Earth (it will probably take all summer to finish!)

Ezra: The Collected Works of Doctor Seuss; The Collected Works of Bob the Builder; The Collected Works of Clifford; War and Peace.

Annika: Baby Bird's Day; Goodnight Moon; Dr. Seuss' shorter works; any book with the faces of babies on the pages; books that taste good.

Our other goal this summer: We also hope to potty train Ezra by the end of the summer. We checked out one book, "Potting Training in Less than a Day" because many people suggested we read this book and follow it. If you have any suggestions, tips, reading materials, etc. that will help us accomplish our goal, let us know! Thanks!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let Erin know if the book works on potty training. I think she is waiting for me to do it ha ha ha. The only books that even sound interesting are what Ezra and Annika are reading.


Mom

Amanda said...

Jon, sounds like an exciting summer. As for the potty training ... don't get me started. I, too, would love to push it on someone, but I hear horror stories of regression and accidents and I don't want to go there, either. Let me know how it goes, whatever you go. And good luck.

Sarah Iddings said...

Goodluck with the potty...I would love any tips! The booklist sounds impressive. I think I would go with Ezra's!