I've said it before, but two year olds are hilarious. Upon close examination of the interests, habits, and conversations of the uninhibited two year old, I have discovered them to be quite fascinating. First of all, they love to show off their owies. If Ezra happens to scrape his leg, he requires Band-Aids and kisses and "Oh yes, honey, I know that is one big owie!"-s for about 7-10 days while it is still visible and then another week or so after that to show you where his owie used to be (sometimes longer). Since having a child, I have learned to see life through fresh lenses. I mean it is pretty amazing to think about how when your skin is cut it makes a mark, oozes stuff, and then slowly disappears seemingly all by itself. What a miracle that whole process is! Ezra and Dylan love to compare battle scars. I don't remember the exact conversation that these two were having in the pictures below but you can imagine it was quite hilarious!
"I got a big owie right there."
"Wow. You weren't kiddin!"
And then there are mud puddles. I don't really need to say that much about mud puddles. After all, I may be old, but I can still remember how much fun it is to squish mud between your toes. Ezra and Dylan could have run and jumped through the mud all day long.
...repeat this jumping sequence ad nauseum

Imagine how much fun Sarah had cleaning Dylan after this!
And what was Annika doing this whole time, you may be wondering? She is in moms arms wishing she could play with the boys. Two days ago Annika started crawling! She made up her own version of an army crawl which is soooo adorable. I have to figure out a way to video tape it to show her later! Now, when Jonathan comes homes she gets so excited and crawls as fast as she can over to him. It melts my heart. I just love her!



5 comments:
That brings back memories of when I used to play in the mud, making mud pies. They looked like they were having so much fun. I can just imagine what the tub looked like after that. We got an offer on the house and made a counter, I think they are going to accept it, if they do hopefully we will be able to come out for Annika's birthday. Keep your fingers crossed.
Love
Mom
Very cute pics! Looks like those boys have lots of fun!
those are some SWEET mud puddle pictures. Ezra, you're the man!
I love it! Especially the owies pictures, i will need those...lol...they always have such a good time together, and Annika will be right there with them soon.
I love a kid who knows how to get dirty!
By the way I need your address for birth annoucments! Here's my email... lisawebb1019@yahoo.com
Can't wait to have this baby and send those out!
Post a Comment