Monday, August 10, 2009

more Utah: Owen's birthday & art contest



Another thing we were able to be a part of while we were in Utah was Owen's birthday party. He is about 6 weeks older than Annika so this was his second birthday. Everyone was able to come except Alan and Anahi and we missed them. 

Alex came up with a great idea to have an art contest. We decided that everyone had to draw the same vase, could only use pencil and paper and had one hour to finish their drawing. Oh, and since it was Owen's birthday, it was decided that he be the judge and was to chose the best drawing. 

The masterpieces. Annika's is the colorful one. She marches to her own beat.

It was super fun-- definitely Dan in Real Life-esque (we really love that movie). 
He had a hard time choosing. Click on this bottom picture to check out Owen's face. He will totally grow up to be an art critic. Plus you can check out Casey's sweet drawing in the background. Mine was way better, unfortunately it didn't make the shot. ha ha
Happy Birthday Owen! You sure are a cutie!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting these. I'll have to link my blog to this since I'm SOOOOOO behind! I love Owen's face in that one. Oh, and I love your new blog header!

Lisa Webb said...

that is such a cute idea! Who won?

Christina said...

Lisa--I think Alex won, but eventually Owen just chose everyone's drawings. Wish you could have been there to show off your drawing skills!