In it the author states that gratitude is a positive experience that comes from recognizing gifts or blessings and feeling grateful. This is exactly what I felt inspired to practice more in my life. Also, the article states that practicing gratitude has all kinds of health benefits, not to mention the fact that it can lead to increases in optimism, vitality, happiness, a sense of well-being, and a greater satisfaction with life. In short, grateful people enjoy more positive memories about their lives, have more empathy, are more generous with their possessions and feel less envious and enjoy better quality relationships.
It's really a great article. I was going to link it, but they don't have it up yet.
Today I was grateful for many things, among them:
Birthday flowers
a late birthday meal (scrumptious) made by husband
and a husband who does dishes too!
One more thing- Today Ezra told me that he didn't like Sundays. I asked him why not. He said because he missed his mommy and daddy while he was in Primary. I thought that was very sweet! That's the only time all week long that he's not with me and he missed me! What a sweet boy.
3 comments:
i always said that jonathan would make a good wife one day! haha
The Ensign always has the perfect articles, doesn't it?
How come you celebrated your birthday late?
Hey Kayli- Jonathan had bought all the stuff for this meal to do on my b-day but we had gone out to eat earlier in the day and we still stuffed so he saved it for another night. So really I got two b-day meals! He spoils me. :)
Post a Comment