Sunday, February 21, 2010

new blogging agenda and my husband is like superman.

So blogging has really got me down. I feel uninspired and bored with it. I still like to keep a blog though, so I thought it's time for a change. I'm going to start posting something everyday that makes me happy. I've been thinking a lot about happiness lately- about who are good examples of happiness, what it is, how to get it and keep it, etc. One of my most favorite people in the world* also happens to be one of the happiest people I've ever known. Here's a hint: she's also a redhead. If you know her, you know who I'm talking about. One of the things I've noticed most about her is that she smiles a lot, she laughs a lot and she seeks after funny and happy things. So, in light of the fact that I want to learn to be a more happiness seeking person and also because this winter is dragging and getting me down I'm going to turn this blog into a happiness recording blog.

First off, a funny and amazing story:

Today in church Jonathan and I were sitting behind some friends with a one year old baby. Jonathan had been holding Annika but I had just sat her on my lap. The sacrament had just gotten over when I heard my friend let out a loud and terrified gasp! I look over to see the baby falling head first over the pew to where we were sitting. Miraculously (and like super man) Jonathan grabbed the baby's leg just before she would have landed straight on her head! The whole congregation turned to see what was happening as Jonathan pulled the baby up by the legs and handed to her father. He was a stud! What reflexes! You probably had to have been there, but it was awesome!

Secondly, my happiness for today is:


It made me happy today when we sat down at church Jonathan made the kids move so that he could sit by me. And then he held my hand. 

The picture has nothing to do with it, I just like it.


*it's Kayli :)

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Awwwww! That's probably the nicest compliment I've ever been paid. Thank you dear Christina!!

(Unless I'm just being presumptuous and you're talking about the other redheaded Kayli you know.)

I'm excited to hear of your happies. I also love when Brett has me come sit by him.

Great job Jonathan!! You're the man!

Tracy said...

I know what you mean, and what a good idea. Kayli definitely is a happy person. I might have to take your lead and right down happy things too, because winter is certainly getting me down!