Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ezra's birthday party


It is a cold and dreary day so I thought I should take some time to update the blog. First, Ezra's birthday party:

So we decided to have a "Wild Things" (from Where the Wild Things Are book)  birthday theme. I involved Ezra as much as he wanted to be involved in every stage of planning and such. We invited a few friends and their parents, so we had lots of food:
I did not get a picture until most of the food was gone but we had things like Wild Rice Soup, Max's nuggets, Peanut Butter and Jelly Crowns, Celery boats, Ferocious Fruit... I can't remember what else, but there was lots of food.

For a craft, we made Wild Pet Rocks (Ezra's idea). I forgot to take a picture of everyone's rocks, but here is Annika's.
Then Daddy read the book with all the kids. They liked acting out the wild thing parts. 






On Christmas this year, Ezra was so disappointed that Santa put all the presents under the tree and did not hide them around the house. So for his birthday we had all the guests hide the gifts they brought while Ezra waited in our room. He had to go around and find them before he could open them. He thought it was pretty cool.


The morning before his party Ezra asked where his birthday shirt was. I had forgotten to make him one so I hurried and painted a 4 on a plain shirt. He didn't know the difference! ha ha!



And of course there was cake. It was a plain white cake this year. I had plans for a grander cake, but I ran out of energy. Maybe next year...



...but of course he didn't care.

I suspect he had a good day. :)



And of course the biggest surprise was having the Iddings show up. THat was Pretty COOL!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't believe how big Ezra looks in these pictures. Maybe its the hair. No matter, he is 4! Sounds like it was a great party!

Sarah Iddings said...

we had a blast...the food was so creative and awesome...I want the recipe for those rocks!