1. I don't have to make my own bed.
2. If I lay around all day reading books, no one judges me as lazy. In fact, that makes me a good patient.
3. I don't have to drink water to stay hydrated. I'm hooked up to a machine that does that chore for me.
4. People ask me if I need anything a million times a day. And if I say yes, they go get it.
5. Losing the extra "food storage" around my waist from not eating any food for days and days.
Worst thing about being trapped in a hospital with pancreatitis:
1. Not being able to be with my kids when they wake up, take baths, go to bed, etc. etc.
2. Not being able to sleep in the same bed as my husband.
3. Having bruises all over my arms from being poked with needles. And getting woken up everyday between 5 and 6 am to get my blood drawn.
4. Having to lug around an IV machine with me everywhere.
5. Not being able to eat any food for days and days.
2 comments:
Oh, Tina ... the first half of your list made me laugh out loud and want to join you in the hospital! The second half made me want to cry for you. Especially the last one. :) We're thinking of you. Here's hoping they get to discharge you soon!
Oh NO!!! How very very sad! I'm so sorry- I hope you get better very soon so you can go back to your family!
Post a Comment