Thursday, October 29, 2009

Truffula trees?





The fall is so cool here. The trees are already starting to lose their leaves and turn from an amazing brilliant color to duller, more subdued tones. The branches are more pronounced, etc. but they are still amazing.

Growing up in Wyoming, the seasons were a bit different. There was hot-hot summer. That turned the grass brown. Then you saw a leaf or two fall off the tree. Then it snowed for eight months. Repeat. (Not that I don't love Wyoming, because I do, but it really is like that!)

So, after growing up with two seasons, we have really noticed and appreciated how beautiful fall can be. Which leads me back to my Dr. Seuss thing...

I cannot believe how much these trees remind me of the kids Dr. Seuss wall (which is now 95% done and I suppose I can post a current photo of it here for comparison.) Do you see what I'm talking about?


2 comments:

Sarah Iddings said...

The fall is beautiful! I never want to move away from the seasons! I love the Dr. Seuss wall!! I am doing the "Very hungry Caterpillar" for the baby's stuff....I could really use you!!! Miss you....

Sarah

Christina said...

I'll come help you anytime Sarah! That sounds really cute! Are you going to use the cubby for his room or will he share with Dylan? Getting ready for a baby is so fun!