Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It is finished.

After working all day yesterday, all night last night and most of the day today, Jonathan has finally finished formatting his dissertation. His was a noble effort. He said that if he didn't earn his PhD before, he has now. He also said it was the worst academic experience of his life (he tried to convince me it was comparable to childbirth--hmmm???) He received an email tonight saying that it was finished.

I found a four leaf clover in the yard tonight. I thought that was a good sign- that good things are yet to come. For our entire married lives, we have been working towards this goal- we have only known graduate school life. Now that Jonathan has finished I am feeling a bit lost. What will our new identities be? What is the next thing? Getting tenure, I suppose. 

It is a little unnerving to think that we are now going to enter the "real world." I hope it's nice out there. I think I'll keep the clover, just in case. :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yea! Congrats on being done! And good luck in the real world. It can get rough sometimes. :)

Tracy said...

I'm sure life won't be much different than it is now, just a better apartment, and perhaps a second car?

DB said...

I can't believe you found a four leaf clover! That is so cool! Christina, I'm with you on the childbirth? thing. Hmmm.... but, nonetheless big congrats to Jonathan.
I really do believe non-student life is different. I know because I've lived it. Student life is a great time. But so is non-student life. It'll be great, don't worry! Just takes time to get in the groove!