The other day someone called me from the New York Times asking if I would do an interview. It was one of those things where they interview people from all over the country to get an estimate on how people are feeling about the economy and the president and all of that kind of stuff. I said sure and I found out a couple of things in the process.
First of all, my kids do not like it when I talk to someone on the phone for 15 minutes and they can get into a lot of mischief during that amount of time.
Second, it has been a long time since I've been in school and have exercised certain brain muscles. This guy kept asking me about how much I knew about what thing the president was doing this week and how I felt about it and how it would affect this or that and all I could think about was "I don't really care....what in the world are the kids doing?"
And third, I must be totally naive about the world because he asked me how much a family of four would make in a year to be considered rich. I thought for a second and said "a hundred thousand?" which he promptly laughed at. What? I don't get it. How could that not be considered rich? Please, someone let me know.
In other news, I am not very good at using the video camera, I much prefer the regular one, but if you would like to see how cute and adorable my kids are go here.
And lastly, we had a great time watching conference this weekend. If anyone is interested you can watch it here. The talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland during the Sunday morning session was my favorite and particularly pertinent to this time of year.
2 comments:
Now those kids have some serious dancing skills! They definitely got those from me--I mastered the "rock back and forth while looking at the ground" that Annika does when I went to junior high dances.
And, I think 100,000 dollars is rich too. What would you do with more money? Buy gold teeth? A plane? Get caught up in a Ponzi scheme? I'm with ya--100K is RICH.
Oh, and by the way, you looked totally gorgeous today. Wow!
$100,000 sounds pretty good to me- but I guess there are some areas of the country where the cost of living is a lot higher than here (New York being one of them, which is probably why the reporter laughed).
Post a Comment