Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nine things that have happened this week. plus another one to make it ten.

1) Yesterday as we are heading out the door, Ezra tells me that my bag doesn't match my coat and that my coat doesn't match my shoes. When I ask him if he'll be ashamed to be seen with me, he says yes.

2) Anna has learns how to say "No." She could only shake her head no before, now we get the audio. It is adorably cute. It becomes our favorite thing she does.

3) Jon slips on the ice outside and gets a seven inch scrape on his forearm and an achey back. 

4) Today while we were at the grocery store I ask Jon to pick out some crackers for the kids. He comes back with "Kashi Fire-Roasted Vegetable Crackers." I think to myself "Oh my gosh, what one or two year old would EVER eat this!!" I then realize he has picked these out for himself in guise of getting them for the kids....Sigh........Scan.

5) We make new year resolutions-- most of which are broken within hours. 

6) Anna gets a black eye and busts open her lip on two separate occasions.

7) Ezra wonders what Santa got for Christmas. (It's a good question!)

8) Ezra wonders what beer is. (He saw it at the grocery store, in case you are wondering. And yes, they sell that sort of stuff at Walmart here. Yes, that is weird.)

9) Jonathan is on RA duty for most of the week and has answered questions like "What do I do if the solids won't go down the toilet?" "My kitchen light bulb has burned out. I called 911 and they won't help me. They told me to call you. Are you going to help me?!" "What do you mean school doesn't start until a week from now and I can't get into my apartment for 4 days? I just flew in from China!" And many other nonsensical things. (Although on second thought, these may only be funny to people who live at Purdue Village... oh well)

10) We stay up late watching movies so Jon can see the ball drop for the first time...only to miss it by about 10 seconds. 

Happy New Year! It looks like it will be a great year!! :)


3 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Funny stuff! And what would we do without our kids? They are so entertaining (husbands can be to!! - ha ha!) Happy New Year!

The Leithead Family said...

By the way...the picture of Ezra on your header is just precious...

Tracy said...

oh, poor Annika! Amy busted her lip open too, but no black eye. And I'm laughing all about pville stuff for Jon-I mean WOW, are people that stupid? (sorry stupid people-get a hotel?!?) See you soon!