Ezra turned three years old yesterday. His day was wonderful. Magical even. This was the grin he had on pretty much the whole day.
Ezra got the star treatment all day. First thing in the morning his Daddy made him a breakfast of eggs, bananas, french toast and sausage. After breakfast we decorated gingerbread men. It may be past the season for it, but he is still talking about gingerbread men and I knew he would love it. He did. Then he got to eat popcorn for his snack (something I never let him do at 10:00 in the morning.)
Ezra was surprised to get a balloon bouquet delivered from Grandma and Grandpa McKenzie! It even included an Elmo balloon for Annika, which she was very excited about!
After we cleaned up we headed to Chuck E. Cheese. Jon and I went back and forth for a long time on whether or not we should take him there for various reasons but Ezra kept asking everyday for at least a week "Are we going to chucky cheeses today?" So we decided to take him. We invited his best bud Dylan along. Boy, did those kids have fun. It was three hours of pure bliss! And they even wore the super hero capes I made them the whole time, so that was pretty adorable!
That evening we had a dinner of Ezra's favorite foods...salad with the works (avocado, green pepper, orange pepper, cucumber, pea pods, mushrooms, carrots....etc. I know, Ezra is a unique three year old- he likes the green stuff) breadsticks, black and raspberries, and tortellini. We also got him an ice cream cake. We had a bunch of our neighbor friends over and it was a party. Ezra loved every minute of it. Thanks to everyone who came and made him feel so special!
Grandma's package came at the perfect moment. We opened it up and balloons flew out with presents attached at the bottom. What a great idea! Thanks Mom! It made his day!
Some new guys for his collection. Look at that face, how excited is he??
The aftermath.
Oh yeah, and I made Ezra this super cute hat that I saw on Kayli's blog. I saw it and knew Ezra would look really cute in a hat like this. It was really pretty easy to do. Here's the link if you are interested.
Ezra had so much fun on his birthday. We've never seen him smile so much. He was even smiling when he took a nap! What a cutie! Happy Birthday Ezra! We love you!!
Check back tomorrow for Ezra: A Year in Review.
10 comments:
That is SO cute. I love it.
ps: how is Ezra doing with primary? we're the new sunbeam teachers and some of the kids we hear are having a tough time of it.
He did really good last week, not so good the week before. He was excited when I told him that you guys were his new teachers! I think it will help the kids to have you guys in there since they already know you. Good luck with your new calling! Should be fun!
Happy Birthday, Ezra! Glad you had such a great day!! You are just so dang cute, by the way...
Happy (belated) birthday, Ezra! Looks like a fun day!
Happy Birthday Ezra! It was alot of fun!
I love the hat!! It looks like he had a great birthday!!
Happy Birthday Ezra!! Christina I didn't know you were so awesome with the sewing machine. I love the hat, I'll have to see if I can make one for Luke, he's way into hats right now.
Lorrain- if you can't figure out the hat let me know and I'll make one for Luke.
Happy Birthday Ezra! I can't believe our babies got so big so fast. I can only see him as the little guy in nursery.
We have a blog if you wanna check it out. www.steogersinmich.blogspot.com
Looks like you guys had a great day! That picture of Ezra, Dylan and Annika is so cute. Is she wearing a cape too?
Post a Comment