Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ezra's Race Car!

Last October, we attended the pinewood derby/chili cookout at church and had a great time. The pinewood derby was the event of the night--and Ezra was really excited to watch the cars race. After a bit, he really wanted to race the cars himself. Since, of course, we did not make a pinewood derby car, Ezra couldn't race. He was really, really sad--so I told him we would make a really cool pinewood derby car for the next year and race it at church. Ezra was excited. 

After a few ideas, Ezra and I decided we would make a banana car with a spot to put his monkey in as the driver. Christina got me some woodcarving tools for my birthday, and I spent a few days whittling the shape of a banana out of the block of wood. Ezra and I finished painting everything today. Since I usually don't like to build things, it was an accomplishment for me. I really enjoyed making it and plan to make bigger and better things in the future. 

Ezra is really excited to race his car. We're going to race it this Friday, and we can't wait. We added some pictures to this post so you can take a look. Wish us luck!



7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it! That is by far the greatest pinewood derby car I have ever seen! Good luck in the race!

Tracy said...

that's awesome, it looks so great! I hope Ezra's car wins the big race.

Sarah Iddings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Iddings said...

It look so good! Good Luck! I can't think of a car Ezra would like more its perfect.

Anonymous said...

Building pinewood cars with my dad for cub scouts is one of my tresured childhood memories. We never won, but we had a good time doing it.

DB said...

that is so cool!

MarySquare said...

That is a pretty amazing car. If this baby doesn't come tonight -- and it doesn't look like it will -- we just might see you all at the races.