Since this is likely my last trip to Lovell, I've started thinking about all the reasons I like coming here. I guess I'm sentimental...sue me! Here are the top five.
1. Burritos with cheese. This is easily worth driving 1200 miles for. You start with a Reeser's Bean and Cheese burrito. Cook it in the microwave for a minute then pour a scoop of Que Bueno melted cheese on top. Add to that a small packet of taco sauce and you have heaven on earth! Of course this is extemely unhealthy and shouldn't be abused, but that's easier said than done!
3. One stoplight. You can get anywhere in Lovell in one minute-walking! There is the one stoplight, but that's just for show. The town folks like to say "we're the town with the stoplight!" Last summer when I was home I was saddened to see that they had taken out the stoplight. My mom assured me that they were just working on it and that it would be put back in. I thought it was pretty sad to go from a 'one stoplight town' to a 'no stoplight town.' Rest assured...the stoplight is back and it does turn red at least once an hour!So needless to say, since four out of the five reasons that Lovell is great have to do with food- unhealthy food- when I get home I'll be spending most of my time on this:

11 comments:
I died laughing when I read that! All of the things you posted are the things I miss about Lovell too. Although not quite the connoisseur of burritos with cheese that you may be, hearing your description sure did whet my appetite for one! Thanks for sending me a "bit-o-Lovell" in the mail today--thanks especially for the twin bings, my favorite unhealthy treat! And maybe you could have the people at the Chinese restaurant mail me a "to go" box...I bet it would be okay if they did it express mail.
I love BING candy bars too. Have fun and stay well!!!
Oh... yes burrito with cheese is the best thing about Lovell. However... Saveway no longer has that good cheese BUT I did discover last summer that Sinclair does have it they even have that great little sauce packet too. Maybe I can get with you before you leave and we'll go have one together... one last time :( And this isn't the last time you'll ever come to Lovell!!!
You forgot Cowboy boots! This is Teresa by the way...
I'm just commenting for a Twin Bing--you've got my address.
And where was "coming to see Mom and Dad" on your list?! :) Burritos probably would not be on my list, but Bings and the stoplight would.
Wow. I'm impressed you could come up with 5 things! I guess, technically, some of those are things that are not strictly limited to Lovell (note how you had to go to Powell for Chinese food) so that makes it a little easier to comprehend. I do miss the good nachos.
John the "bit-o-Lovell" didn't happen to be entire box of king size twin bings, did it?
Will you bring Dustin and I home one of those Bing candy bars? They do sound very tasty!!! We all miss our best ever neighbors and we are anxious for their return-I think it is coming! Happy 4th to you!
HA! I love the treadmill. But Ive never had a Bing candy bar! We'll most of your top 5 list ive never heard of!
I have to do a post like this all about Norco. That would be funny
I definitely need one of those bings!
Post a Comment