Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oh, and by the way, I love you Tink!

I found this quote in the most unlikely of places, Walter Lippmann's 1922 classic "Public Opinion." It contains an understanding of companionship that I think exemplifies the ideal person that Christina already is:

"those whom we love and admire most are those whose consciousness is peopled thickly with persons rather than with types, who know us rather than the classification into which we might fit. For even without phrasing it to ourselves, we feel intuitively that all classification is in relation to some purpose not necessarily our own; that between two human beings no association has final dignity in which each does not take the other as an end in himself or herself. There is beauty in all contact between two people who affirm as an axiom the personal inviolability of both."

I thought this was great. I love you and miss you!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, Tina, that must just make your heart go a-flutter ... (huh?!?) :)