I was reveling in my free time while the kids were napping today when I heard Ezra start crying. I went into his room to see what was the matter. Here is the conversation that we had:
Me: What's wrong Ezra?Ezra: Ders a pie-ger in my room!Me: There's a tiger? Or a spider?Ezra: A pie-ger!Me: Where's the pie-ger?Ezra: Over der!Me: Over where? In your closet?Ezra: Yeah.Me: Okay. Is it a a spider?Ezra: No! A pie-ger!Me: Oh, tiger. Ezra, I don't think there are any tigers in here.Ezra: Ders a pie-ger trying get in my rooom.Me: Where?Ezra: Over der!!Me: Okay. Tiger go away! No tigers in here!Ezra: Yeah. Tigers no go in Ezera's room! Be quiet! No roaring in Ezera's room! Time out!Me: Okay, okay, let's go back to bed.
Where does this kid come up with this stuff?! He is a riot!
I later found the "tiger" that was in Ezra's room. He told me again later that afternoon about this tiger that was in his closet so I went in to investigate further. And yes, I did find a 'tiger' in his room. He wasn't just imaging things! Warning!! This is one scary tiger!!
Here is Ezra showing where the tiger is hiding. Sorry for the absence of clothes, but Ezra likes to be, in his words "comfy" when he naps.
Here's a first glimpse of the tiger...
Getting closer....
Ahh! The tiger! (or lion) I don't know, would this keep you up at night? He looks pretty nice to me!
6 comments:
That was hilarious. Kids...I often wonder how things gets stuck in their minds.
Hazel started crying the other night and said she was having dreams about monsters, so I told her to think about happy things, and then she wouldn't dream about them anymore. But she started crying again, so then Daddy went in and told her a little story about a princess riding a pony, and told her to dream about that, and then she was okay. She's told us every morning since then that she's dreamed about a princess riding a pony. :)
Did Ezra learn that he wants to be "comfy" when he sleeps from mommy and daddy who also want to be "comfy" when they sleep??? Ha ha--just kidding! (And don't answer that!) :)
Haha! He is too cute! I love it. This has to be the best age. They get funnier and cuter everyday!
ps. we miss you.
Now Mandy, let's keep it clean. This is a family blogsite. Don't make me use my administrative powers to delete your comments!!! :)JK
Kayli-That's really funny about Hazel. Maybe I should try something like that with Ezra. He was talking about a tiger being in his room again today!
Sarah- We miss you too! Come back soon!
Minnie makes us hunt the Monsters, Frogs, and Lions out of her room every night. She requests that we yell at them and "spank their bums." So Hans and I, whoever is on bed time duty, hunt around the room shouting, "Get out of here Monsters (or Frogs, or Lions)! I'm going to spank your bums!" Then we clap our hands really loud. Then she is pleased and can go to sleep.
Mandy cracks me up! That photo of Ezra looks like he's posing for a diaper photo shoot. Funny stuff.
Post a Comment