Friday, May 2, 2008

Ten little known facts.

Five little known facts about Christina:

1) I Love Love Love post-apocalyptic movies and books. I don't know why. Perhaps it's a bit morbid, but I totally love stories about a what people would do in post-apocalyptic scenarios. (If anyone knows of any good ones, let me know!)

2) I am really shy. This is probably well known, but there you have it. Also, I get really nervous meeting new people.

3) Although I don't usually let people see it, I have a great sense of humor. Jonathan and I were married eight months before he noticed it. I come across as serious, but I don't feel that way. This probably has a lot to do with little known fact #2. 

4) I have a mild obsession with bags. I don't care about brand names or price tags. If I see a bag I like, I have to have it! I have really particular tastes so I only find a bag I like about once a year.

5) I never ever wear shorts. Not even when it's 140 degrees out. Needless to say, I have really white legs.

Five little known facts about Jonathan:

1) The first compact discs I ever bought were Metallica's "Kill 'em All" and Ice Cube's "The Predator." I had a hard time deciding if I was a metalhead or a gangster as a kid. 

2) I was arrested for throwing rocks (technically, "projecting stones or missiles"). I was about 9 and my friend Lamar and I skipped rocks across the street before the school bus arrived. Once we got into class, a cop came and pulled us out, handcuffed us to chairs in front of everyone, and made us answer a bunch of questions about who we were trying to hit, etc. I had to go to court and, by this time, cried so much I developed pink eye in both eyes. My eyes were a puffy mess; the Judge took mercy on me, I believe, because she thought my dad beat me up. 

3) When I ride the bus, I entertain myself with "potential dialogues" between myself and some of the "giants" of my academic field. I hold these dialogues in silence, of course, and they always feature me finding holes in their arguments and eventually destroying their philosophies. Thus far I'm undefeated. It's a shameful thing.

4) I can still do a heelflip on a skateboard. Only once out of every 10 tries, but still...

5) I really love a well-done contemporary western movie. Two of my favorite all-time movies are "An Unfinished Life" and "Unforgiven." Both of them take place in Wyoming, which may have something to do with it. My other favorite kind of movie is the documentary. I suggest "Hoop Dreams" (probably the greatest movie ever made) and "Shoah" (probably the longest movie ever made--but still a keeper). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was never a dull moment with you was there Jon. No wonder I'm so white headed!! You forgot to tell about the days when you wore size 42 waist pants, tied with a shoestring, and Bridgett's dog chain hanging from
your pocket. Who would of guessed you
would end up accomplishing the things you have. [I'm telling all your secrets]

Love ya

Mom

Amanda said...

We really enjoyed reading these. If only I could think of anything so interesting about me ...

Sarah Iddings said...

Christina - I think your hilarious and your not shy sometimes you just "dont feel like talking" remember.
&
Jonathan - I think you should have chosen the ganster path, that would've been interesting.