Friday, May 16, 2008

Kids say the funniest things!


As you all know we live with a two year old...and we're sure most of you have had the opportunity to listen to and see two year olds explain the world around them. We've never laughed so hard in our life as when Ezra tells Anika what foods are appropriate for her age group, muses concerning the absence of eyes, ears, and noses on trees, or tells his mom and dad what they should be doing in order to make his life a little easier.  Here are a few of the things that Ezra has said this week:

(Shaking his head) "Bunnies no need shoes. (twenty seconds later) Bunnies no need hats. (another twenty seconds) Bunnies no need gloves. (a bit later) Bunnies no need shoes, hats, gloves, and shoes." (repeat, ad nauseum)

"Look there a motorcycle. I no ride motorcycle. I too little. I ride motorcycle when I big like dad."

"Mommy, Jesus made me cry yesterday. He said 'AHHH' like that! Make me cry!"

"Mom no see my skateboard. She's asleep. She no see it anymore."

"I no want to go to school, I want to lay on couch."

"Baby, you no eat that. That's gross! You too little!"

(When Anika is playing with the toy Ezra would like to play with) "Baby, you no want that. You too little. You want this" (and then hands her whatever toy/scrap/shoe etc. is closest to him).

(After trying unsuccessfully to remove his shirt) "Dad, you give it a try?"

While drawing on the wall while in the bathtub..."I draw a skateboard right there. It's really hard to do!"

While climbing down some rocks..."That really hard to do, Mommy!"

While putting together Mr. Potato Head..."Mr. Potato's face is really hard to do!"

While carrying a loaf of bread inside..."Holding bread up really hard to do, Daddy!"

The list could go on and on. It's constant entertainment! And for anyone wondering what Annika (I'm tired of people calling her Ann-neee-ka, so I'm spelling her name with 2 n's from now on!) is up to these days? She likes to get under stuff. Here's what I mean:

This is Annika's rendition of crawling under the bed. She must have learned this from her cousin Owen!
Even though she can't crawl yet, she is quite adept at getting places. This picture is funny because she looks like she fits quite well under there, but in real life that table is maybe two feet tall! She's a tiny little thing still!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it! I can just hear Ezra saying all those things. And I hope, for your sake, Anika (Annika) doesn't pick up on EVERYTHING her cousin Owen has been doing lately ... ugh!

Sarah Iddings said...

How cute!! I can't believe how much I miss them!

Alice Childs said...

Kids do say funny things--we are always amazed at the entertainment value of children. We have noticed ourselves just sitting and watching the kids on many occasions, smiling for hours or days at some of the things they come up with. You have really cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Jesus often scares me too.