Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jonathan's birthday!

Happy Birthday to Jonathan today! 
 He is a wonderful husband and father and we are lucky to have him!
The cake is a little funny, I should explain. Every year Jonathan always wants a pie or something like that for his birthday. Well, this year when I asked him about what he wanted, he said we should use up the cake left over from Annika's birthday that we've had in the freezer. I kept asking him if he was sure and that I would make him anything he wanted, but he said it was fine. 

I thought we should decorate it a little, so I asked the kids what we should put on the cake.  Ezra said "Ourselves!" so that's what we did. 

The kids drew pictures of themselves, cut them out and taped them to toothpicks. Ezra's is on the left and Annika is on the right.  I told Jon to imagine the pink frosting was blue or some other "manly" color. I think he liked it!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

I think the cake is super awesome! Happy birthday Jonathan!