When we bought our house we were impressed with the size of the closets. There are two large closets in each bedroom. The one with the window in a little bigger than the other one and has room for shelves. They were in pretty good shape, but they needed a little updating. In the closet in the kids' room the previous owner had installed a dresser in an unusual place. See pic. below (I had already removed the drawers at this point).
And this is the view of the other side of the closet.
Here is what we did with them.
We, with the very generous help of Jonathan's Dad, installed some Closetmaid shelves. I also spent hours in here this summer painting and caulking every crack and baseboard in sight. You can't tell, but it's true.
The other side of the closet in not so inspired, but holds the kids couches and a chest of their dress-up clothes.
I attempted to organize their junk, I mean toys (hehe), by getting some Ikea storage buckets. Then I printed off some labels on the computer and taped them to the side with double sided tape to be able to see where everything goes. Not everything fits in those unfortunately.
And if you're like me and can't figure out what to do with all of those puzzles laying around, I solved the problem by putting them in large zip-lock bags and storing them in a bin vertically.
I can switch out the buckets that the kids have in their reach easily by sliding them into the Ikea shelf (see the upper left hand side of the photo below). I think it works great because they don't have all of their toys out at one time. This makes my life a lot easier by not having to clean up all those toys all the time.
The end.
2 comments:
The closets look great, they are so organized and neat. When can you come and do mine?
Looks great! I love the puzzle idea. I accidentally bought a box of 2-gallon (as opposed to the regular 1-gallon) storage bags. What a great use for them!
Post a Comment