In honor of our upcoming move, we thought we should document all of the things we love about the little village that we call home. We love it here. We love the miles of sidewalks, 80 acres of grass, 5 playgrounds, neighbors from the world over and we love that we, as Americans, are by far the minority.
So here are some of the reasons why we love Purdue Village so much:
(this was found inside a bathroom stall in the community center...I know people live here from all over the world, but don't we all have this need in common. Why does it need explaining??) I laughed out loud the first time I saw this.
A plethora of plastic toys
The community gardens.
They are really lovely. I want to move into some of them.
This person made their garden into a store. It has a gate and paths and a cashier. It is seriously humongous. Mighty ingenious if you ask me. A friend once told us that they knew someone who had made 10,000 dollars selling his vegetables from a garden like this one year. It costs next to nothing to rent the land. Nice profit.
4 comments:
And now, I'm all melancholy and laughing my head off at the toilet instructions. We (me and Averie) miss PVille so much some times. We miss our walks. We miss the playgrounds. We miss the free cafeteria food. And, we miss our friends. I have to say though, we don't miss the apartment..or the ridiculous phone calls in the middle of the night. Congrats to John on finishing, and good luck in your new place!
The Steogers
Oh, I can't even looking at this post without feeling such good feelings. Hans and I just closed on our house and we have a little buyer's regret and feel like we don't want to leave our apartment. But I realize I felt that exact same way when I left PVIL. It was heart-wrenching when I had to move out of there. I thought I'd die without the easy access to so many great parks and, yeah, the apartment is small but so it goes. Hey, I did rent a garden this year so still hanging out at the gardens.... but like Cortnie, I do not miss the telephone calls and having Hans be an RA
As much as you'll miss pville, we will miss you! We're so glad to have had you as our wonderful neighbors for the last (almost) three years. Its funny how your heart can change to love something that was nearly revolting (to me) in the beginning-I'm speaking of the apartment. But I LOVE it here too, and I'm always excited for new faces.
I saw the toilet instructions a few months back and laughed my head off. I made sure to follow them very carefully.
I hope your trip is wonderful. We love you!
We're gonna miss having you guys around for sure. I don't know why everyone is cracking on the bathroom sign though. That information was very helpful to me once when I forgot how to use the bathroom last semester. Without it, I'm not sure what I would have done. On a side note, I think you all have to edit Jonathan's basketball dunk to show that the rim is like 7' tall. Ha ha. Great pics and great memories.
Post a Comment