Sunday, June 7, 2009

The wheat grinder(s).


Jonathan and Ezra were using the wheat grinder this morning. It's sad but true that we have had the wheat grinder for a year and a half maybe and this is the first time we've used it. It's so easy to use (not to mention being cheaper and healthier than store bought white flour), that I don't think I'll buy regular flour again! Plus, I have a very tough wheat grinder who will always be willing to help. Now I am on to the journey of trying to make decent bread! (The above flour went into cookies. Ha!)
These days we are working and planning very hard to try to get all of our food storage needs. If anyone has any advice or tips on where to get what or best things to get for a three months supply or anything like that please email me or leave a comment! We feel a little clueless!

4 comments:

Becky's Place said...

I love the web site http://everydayfoodstorage.net It helps you use what you store. It's great. I use it all the time.

DB said...

Hi Christina, what brand of wheat grinder is that? I have an electric and its great but I'd like to get a manual one of these days.

Kayli said...

All I know is, that is a darn cute picture!!

Christina said...

Thanks for the tip Becky! And Doreen, the grinder is from Back to Basics and I'm pretty sure you can get it from Emergency Essentials.