Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!

Hola! We decided to celebrate Mexico's independence day by making burritos and salsa and smoothies and lighting candles. It was fun. We are seriously addicted to smoothies around here. They are really really yummy (and contain no sugar!) I think smoothies will be a staple around here all summer long. Come over and we will make you one. 
Mmmmm... yum
Happy moments right before Anna got plowed over by a girl on a bike. Her little fingers are all scraped up. So sad.




Addios.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I can see you're having fun with that self timer! Your party looks like it was fun, I'm sorry my daughter was more interested in the Dining Hall-I feel SO bad!

Poor Anika! I would like to hear this story from you and know which little girl to look out for. There is a little boy that was riding towards Amy and he was yelling, "Beep, Beep!" But Amy had no clue as to what he was meaning. He ended up bumping right into her and knocking her over. I was just a little annoyed!

Kayli said...

Ooooh--that looks so fun! People should definitely always celebrate cinco de mayo because it's my anniversary! (perfect logic, right?)

I love that picture of you guys where it looks like you put the camera on the table? It is so fun!

Becky's Place said...

Cute picture!!

Alan & Anahi Ninos said...

Hola Christina!!!
nice mexico's independece day party!!!
just one little thing, 5 de mayo was a little battle between the state of Puebla (2 hours away from Mexico city) and the French people, we won that battle... our actual independence day is on september 16 =) so you guys are invited to celebrate with us on september 16 in Utah. Alan wants to buy a real lamb and of course he wants me to do all the cooking and killing, he loves his meat to be fresh! we love you guys!!!