Happy Birthday Dad! Sorry I can't be there with you for your party and to eat some cake with you! I hope you have a wonderful day and get lots and lots of cool presents. Let me know what you didn't get and I'll send it to you! Love you!10 Cool Things About My Dad:
1. He's hilarious. My dad is easily the funniest guy on the planet.
2. Like all great comedians, the funniest thing about my dad is his laugh--which is a silent chest heave that lasts around 15 minutes.
3. He's blunt. He never skirts around the truth, so you always know where you stand. That's refreshing. When Jonathan met him the first time, he called my dad "Mr. Childs," after which my dad laughed for a while and then said, "Call me Bruce." It was really funny.
4. He's a really great friend. Ask anyone who knows him.
5. He's very generous--he used to give me 50 dollars every time I visited from college.
6. He's a "sleepwatcher." My dad always fell asleep watching old Westerns on the couch. When I was sure he was deep asleep, I would change the channel. He would open his eyes and say, "turn it back, I was watching that!"
7. He loves to fish, and goes every chance he can get.
8. He drives 15 miles per hour. Everywhere. (Although, one time, when he took Jonathan on a refrigeration call in the middle of winter, he had Jonathan drive the truck. It was icy, so Jonathan was going really slow. My dad told him, "you can speed it up a little." I told Jonathan that if my dad told him he was going too slow, he was REALLY going too slow). I still laugh about that.
9. He's really patient and understanding.
10. I'm his favorite! Since I have four brothers and I'm the only girl, he's implied on several occasions that the day I was born was the best day of his life.
3 comments:
Sounds like your dad is pretty awesome! Happy Birthday Chistina's Dad!
You have an incredible dad!! Happy Birthday Bruce!!
What a sweet post! I hope your dad's birthday was great...and I hope he is feeling well. I always thought he was the cutest guy!!
Post a Comment