Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter everyone! 
Today we had a really fun day. As soon as Ezra woke up he grabbed Dad (pulling him out of bed and then handing him his eyeglasses) and ran into the living room to look for Easter eggs. He found all of them within a few minutes and then opened the basket. Ezra and Anika slept in the same room for the first time last night and it went really well. As soon as he woke up, she did too so they both got to enjoy the festivities. Anika mostly liked to chew on plastic Easter eggs, but she did manage to grab a hold of some stuffed animals until Ezra took them from her. 

Look what the Easter bunny brought us!!! Isn't she the sweetest thing? She really liked being in this basket too!
Ezra is going through all of the treats in their basket. He was really excited to get his ABC flash cards, since the alphabet is his favorite song (he sings it all day, but skips M,N, and O). Note the nice letter the Easter Bunny attached to the basket--how thoughtful!
Anika in her Easter dress, courtesy of Grandma McKenzie. She looked like such a cutie! 
Finishing the night off with a little bath together. Ezra loved having Anika in the bath--she splashed him the whole time and he thought that was the funniest thing ever. She really liked it too--she always laughs at her brother and I think she felt more like a "big girl!" 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, it looks like the Easter Bunny left lots of goodies. Abby has been on a sugar high today. The candy is to tempting we finally had to hide the basket. A realtor showed the house today and we have an offer, we don't know what it is yet. I will find out tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed it is a good one!!

Love Ya

Mom

Sarah Iddings said...

Easter looks like it was a ton of fun! I didn't know your internet was back so I hadn't been checking. The kids looked so cute! And I love the note from the Easter Bunny what a great idea I might have to steal it!

DB said...

I had the privilege of seeing adorable little Anika on Easter Sunday and she looked incredibly sweet. Ezra looked cute too, but there's just something about little girls in dresses! I was with Sabrina in nursery and when it was our turn to rotate to the snack table, Ezra was just finishing up and tried to sneak in with our group and stay at the snack table. He knows where the good stuff is.